Well. Here we are. Somehow we are saying goodbye to 2022 and welcoming a new year.
Last year, I determined that with a baby on the way, it would make the best sense that I don’t set a reading goal. Instead, I would just read when I could and enjoy having those fleeting moments to myself.
I’m glad I did that.
This year, I read 34 books. Not too bad for a first-time mom juggling work, baby, and home!
Here’s what I read in 2022 (and my “star” ratings):
- And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer by Fredrik Backman: 3.5
- The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War #2) by R.F. Kuang: 4.5
- Weather Girl by Rachel Lynn Solomon: 4.5
- The Burning God (The Poppy War #3) by R.F. Kuang: 4.5
- The Drowning Faith (The Poppy War #2.5) by R.F. Kuang: 3.0
- The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air #2) by Holly Black: 3.0
- The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air #3) by Holly Black: 3.0
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston: 5.0
- The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions, and Restoring Your Vitality by Kimberly Ann Johnson: No rating
- House of Sky and Breath (Crescent City #2) by Sarah J. Maas: 4.0
- How Long ’til Black Future Month? by N.K. Jemisin: 4.0
- The Huntress by Kate Quinn: 3.0
- What the Fireflies Knew by Kai Harris: 2.75
- The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon: 5.0
- A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic #1) by V.E. Schwab: 5.0
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry: 4.5
- A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) by V.E. Schwab: 3.5
- The Montessori Baby: A Parent’s Guide to Nurturing Your Baby with Love, Respect, and Understanding by Simone Davies, Junnifa Uzodike with Sanny Van Loon: No rating
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus: 3.5
- I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston: 5.0
- Legendborn (Legendborn #1) by Tracy Deonn: 3.75
- The Charm Offensive (The Charm Offensive #1) by Alison Cochrun: 4.0
- Finlay Donovan is Killing It (Finlay Donovan #1) by Elle Cosimano: 4.0
- Beautiful Little Fools by Jillian Cantor: 4.5
- City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare: 3.5
- City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare: 3.0
- Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead (Finlay Donovan #2) by Elle Cosimano 3.75
- Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid: 4.0
- A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab: 4.0
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin: 3.5
- Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (And More Life to Live) by Eve Rodsky: No rating
- Window Shopping by Tessa Bailey: 1.5
- Babel: An Arcane History by R.F. Kuang: 5.0
- A Thousand Mornings: Poems by Mary Oliver: 5.0
PHEW! Do you see any favorites in this list?