Today you might have noticed the hashtag #WhyIWrite on your newsfeed. That’s because today is National Day on Writing! By using #WhyIWrite, writers across the country have shared why they are dedicated to their craft. Today, I shared why I write:
The National Day on Writing was founded by the National Council of Teachers of English to bring more immediacy to the power of writing and encourage others to get involved in celebrating it. I wanted to share with you 5 quotes from some of my favorite authors on why they love to create and inspire through writing:
- “If you want to be a writer, you must do two things: read a lot and write a lot.” ― Stephen King
- “I wrote my first novel because I wanted to read it.” ― Toni Morrison
- “Write hard and clear about what hurts.” ―Ernest Hemingway
- “I’ve no idea where ideas come from and I hope I never find out; it would spoil the excitement for me if it turned out I just have a funny little wrinkle on the surface of my brain which makes me think about invisible train platforms.” ― J.K. Rowling
- “If I waited for perfection… I would never write a word.” ― Margaret Atwood
How about you? Why do you love to write? What are you working on? Please share in the comments!